What We Do
What we fund
The Fund currently makes 130-160 grants per year, ranging from £75 to £1,500. We make grants to enable recipients to undertake one of the following:
- Courses of Christian education
- Experiences of Christian community living
- Specifically Christian projects working for e.g. justice or reconciliation, whether in this country or abroad.
Who we fund
The fund is for young women resident in the north east of England.
- "North East" means the geographical area covered by the Roman Catholic dioceses of a) Hexham & Newcastle, b) Middlesbrough and c) Leeds.
- For the purposes of the Fund "resident" means either that your permanent home is in this area (although you may be studying outside the boundaries of the North East) or you are resident in the North East for the purposes of your studies, or the course, experience etc. for which you are applying to the Fund will take place in the North East.
- "Young" means at least 15 years old (or Year 10 students) and not more than 25 years old.
Living conditions in Iquitos, Peru